Humor Science Sex

The Hickey of Death

Ok, to be fair, “The Hickey of Paralysis” might be a little more accurate, but it certainly doesn’t sound as cool. It all started when a woman in New Zealand got a hickey from her boyfriend that happened to occur just on top of a major artery. A few days latter, she suffered a stroke that left her temporarily partially paralyzed. As it turns out, the hickey caused a clot in her neck that released and entered her heart, causing the stroke.

I guess if you really want to practice safe sex these days, hickeys and kisses should be out of the question.

Image via Janek B. [Wikipedia]