When you’re a trucker, you spend a lot of time by yourself. Being out on the road can be tough, but there are ways to make it fun and exciting. Hot shot carriers have many advantages over the normal 9-to-5 desk jobs so many people have. Here are some tips to getting the most out of your time on the road.
One of the best parts of being out on the road is the things you will see and witness. Most smartphones have cameras that take amazing pictures. When you see something cool, whether it is a sunrise or sunset somewhere far away from home, take a picture of it. You will regret the photos you never took more than any that you do.
Use Social Media
There are now more ways to keep in contact with the people you care about than ever. You can take your friends and family along with you when you post your images to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and whatever other platforms you use. They can get a sense of what your day-to-day life is like through the images you share.
Learn About the Places You Visit
When you can, look into the places you will be driving through and get a sense of what they are all about. Take some time to see something different each time you go to a certain city or region. You can make the most of your time driving a truck and really enjoy it. It is always an adventure, if you make it one.
Is SEO Really A Technique Your Business Can Count On?
A lot of ink has been spilled over the concept of search engine optimization (SEO) and whether or not this is a technique that businesses can really count on in order to maximize their visibility on the Internet. The fact of the matter is that there is no better modern technique to accomplish this important goal. However, it’s equally important to understand that this is a technique which needs to be exercised in a knowledgeable fashion if your business is to reap the full benefits that come from employing it successfully.
SEO Is A Constantly Changing And Evolving Technique
As any reputable provider of local SEO services will tell you, this is a constantly changing and evolving technique that has a complex learning curve. It isn’t so much in the actual technique itself, which is relatively easy to grasp and matter, but in the application. Mastering the art of SEO takes a lot of dedication, as well as a fair amount of guess work. The fact that major search engines, such as Google and others, are ultimately responsible for setting (and changing on a frequent basis) the ground rules of the game means that you will have to be up to date and on your toes.
What Can A Business Gain From Making Proper Use Of SEO Techniques?
It should go without saying that there is a great deal to be gained from making use of SEO techniques. The entire purpose of search engine optimization is to incorporate the most relevant and popular key words and phrases into the content of your website. These key words and phrases are the ones that the highest number of people use to search for goods and services on the Internet. When people punch these terms into the search bar, it’s important that they bring up content related to your website. The more often this occurs, the higher your website will be in the first page of results.
What Is The Ultimate Benefit Of SEO?
The more your website turns up in these search results, the more people will be drawn to visit it. The more visitors that come to your official company website, the more potential you have for making sales. And the more sales you make, the higher the productivity and profitability of your business will ultimately be. This is precisely why making use of the latest SEO techniques is a must for every business that wants to stay in the game.
SEO Techniques May Change, But The Ground Rules Stay The Same
While the individual techniques related to the successful practice of SEO may change from time to time, the basic ground rules remain the same. The object is to get as many people as possible to visit your website and purchase goods from your business. It’s important to be sure that the domain host you sign with is able to provide professional SEO assistance in addition to their other services.
There are people in the world today who are indisputable hallmarks of success. It’s natural we would all want to follow their example and it has been proven that, amazingly, there are common traits among them. As the late Dr. Myles Monroe, a motivational speaker, said, success is predictable and so is failure. So, if you crave success, be sure to learn and develop habits that will ensure a favorable outcome of all your endeavors –you won’t regret it. Without doubt, there is no better place to learn these habits other than from successful people themselves! Read on to discover which one of those are the most important:
1. Hard work –of course!
This is the best indicator of success. The output is functionally dependent on the input in any process. Therefore, the more work you put in, the better the results that are likely to come. This is a belief that Michael Jordan holds dearly. They say that what comes quickly disappears quickly. A judicious mixture of perseverance, self-restraint and willingness are a must when tightening your grip on whatever you are doing. A part of that work, though not always directly related, is reading. All successful people agree it cultivates your mind and improves your reasoning. As a result, you can avoid obvious mistakes. If you think that investing in the written word is a little too expensive for you, there are always useful Amazon coupons at Discountrue.com that will help you shop at low prices.
2. Positive Thinking
Positive thinking is the catalyst that motivates someone to try again even after failing numerous times before. In order to keep focus, successful people claim that you should only pay attention to your inner voice that says ‘you will make it.’ There are many that will be easily held back by discouragements and negative comments. Dr. Seuss, a celebrated author and a symbol of success, had his first book rejected by 27 different publishers. He did not agree with them but rather surged on courageously knowing that he could do what they thought he couldn’t.
3. Power of Planning
Planning helps in defining your direction and actions every day. Successful people don’t handle whatever they happen to come across on their way. Their actions are calculated and premeditated. Take great care to identify opportunities and then pursue them fiercely. For this purpose it’s helpful to keep a journal or a planner that reminds you where you are supposed to be at what time.
4. Avoid Procrastination
You have heard time and again that procrastination is the thief of time. It is very painful to learn that what you kept postponing will have already been done by someone else. If you can’t get over an idea in your mind, don’t hesitate. Go after opportunities when they arise if you’re fully convinced about them. Elon Musk advises that you should either be part of it or watch it happen.
5. Clearly Set Goals
Successful people set clear and measurable goals that they want to accomplish. They should also be time-bound and attainable. Even if your goals are small, you should go after them. Setting big unachievable goals only results in frustration and discouragement, which in turn ushers failure. Also, remember that it’s not only in the fields of finance and investment that a greater risk yields more returns. It is not customary for successful people to be risk averse. They are never afraid to fail but rather ready to learn even when they do.
Image via GotCredit [Flickr]
Most of us have seen at least one Disney movie, but not many people know that some places pictured in those amazing fairy tales are actually real! In fact, Disney was often inspired by real destinations around the globe and captured those places beauty in amazing cartoons.
If you need more proof, get acquainted with the five places here which indeed inspired Disney movies, rounded up thanks to the Travel Ticker team. Enjoy it!
Chateau de Chillon, Switzerland
Sitting just nearby the beautiful lake of Geneva in Switzerland, you can find a castle which indeed looks like it was taken straight from a fairy tale. Chateau de Chillon dates back to when Roman Empire existed, and is a beautiful example of medieval architecture. Tourists love visiting this castle not only to admire its beauty but also to enjoy its beautiful surroundings as well. However, this is not why we are talking about it. In fact, this castle was the one which inspired Disney animators to create a Prince Eric’s seaside castle in The Little Mermaid. Some believe that even the rooms of the drawn castle represent the real ones is Switzerland. Visit one day and decide about this myth for yourself!
Eilean Donan Castle, Scotland
We are going to talk a lot about castles today, and you know it! And this one, located in Scotland was the one that inspired Pixar to create a castle where the heroes from the film Brave live. This breathtaking castle sits on an island in the middle where three grand sea lochs meet, surrounded by mountain scenery and making it look just exactly how we would imagine from our childhood fairy tales. The good thing is that the castle is pretty well preserved and open for tourists, so you can indeed enjoy walking around there and grasp the amazing atmosphere of beautiful Scotland.
Festival of Lights, Thailand
Ok, we just have to mention this festival here, because it is one of the most beautiful scenes (at least in my personal opinion) in any Disney movie and one of the most beautiful festivals in the world as well. The Festival of Lights is also called ‘Yi Peng’ and during the celebration, people light over a thousand lanterns and send them into the night’s sky all while making a wish. Sounds familiar? Yes, the exact “festival” was pictured in the most expensive Disney movie ever made, which you know by the name Tangled, and you can definitely experience the same beauty pictured in the cartoon in real life. Do we need to say more to entice you?
The Forbidden City, China
One of the mysterious cities in the history, the Forbidden City in Beijing, has inspired hundreds of movie makers all around the globe. Nowadays this amazing palace is open to the public, so you can definitely walk through the halls and enjoy its luxurious and amazing interior, which was pictured in the Disney movie Mulan. However, the timeline of the movie is set during the Han Dynasty, from 200 B.C. to 200 A.D.; while the Forbidden City was built about 1,200 years later. While there are a few incorrect facts in the film, that doesn’t stop us from enjoying this amazing building and wonderful movie!
New Orleans, Louisiana
Let’s end with the beautiful city of New Orleans, which was the main setting for the Disney movie The Princess and the Frog. Indeed, this city is well-known; with its famous Mardi gras celebration, the fact that it is the birthplace of many music genres like jazz or blues, and its rich culture, New Orleans is very inspiring. There is nothing surprising about this entry, it is impressive how precisely animators captured the spirit of this marvelous city in yet another one of their amazingly beautiful stories.
Each and every time schools are about to start again students all over prepare for a new semester of lectures, assignments, looking for website with essays like essayzoo.org and new fun times. Some students are anxious to start a new scholastic period while others might be thinking about the beginning of a lazy summer. Students can always benefit from various gifts, and no one else is better suited to give such gifts than you. So if you are running around looking for the perfect gifts for college students in your life, check out the following recommendations that most students will want as they resume school.
It is no secret that college students don’t have money. That’s why it’s no surprise that money is one of their most desired items. There are a huge number of stores where you can purchase good wallets and you can then stuff it with a considerable amount of money or maybe a check.
GoPro HERO4 Session
This is a device that can withstand the great abuse of the most active students. That is why this camera is a must have. It can be used on the beach, swimming pool, hiking or in all other fun activities.
BRAVEN 805 Wireless Bluetooth Speakers
The typical college student likes listening and sharing music. A better way and the most appropriate way to help someone do this is by giving them the Braven 805 wireless Bluetooth speaker that works with iPad and iPod.
Is that college student you know a math genius? Then this is the gift to give him or her.
Apple Watch Sport
If a college student needs encouragement to live a healthier life or even just in engaging in some little activities, then they should use the Apple Watch. Even if your student does not need the encouragement, they could still enjoy it.
This is definitely one item that any college student needs. If you want them to make the most of their free time, then this is one item that you need to grab for them.
Most of us can probably agree that the kitchen is the hub of the whole household. Here the most delicious meals are made for family celebrations, here you have the best conversations with a cup of coffee and just-made apple pie, and here everyone gathers to eat and just have a good time with the family.
Cooking is really a great hobby, but rising electricity and gas bills please few of us. Especially nowadays when every single dollar can be used for something better. Today, we invite you to get acquainted with five tricks that will save your time and money, as well as the environment and which don’t even require that much effort. Best of all, these tips are super fun, and can be called geeky, because not many people come up with such lifehacks for sure!
- Cook in as little water as possible. The more water you boil, the more power it requires to get bubbled, so you are not only wasting water (after all, we tend to spill everything away) but also waste energy too. In addition, in a large quantity of boiled water there are way less vitamins that end up in your food than in a smaller amount, so if you are using a lot of water, you are also wasting many minerals and vitamins too.
- Turn off an oven five minutes early. When you are cooking soups, porridge or noodles, turn off the hotplate a bit earlier and use the rest of the time for the food to cook by itself. By doing only this small trick you can save around 5 dollars each month, and that is a fair amount, considering how little you have to do to save. At the same time, if you turn off your oven 5-10 minutes before the end of cooking, you can also save a bit of money because even after the stove is turned off, it remains hot for a while. By doing this, you can save around 6 dollars a month too, which adds up to over 60 dollars a year!
- Defrost the freezer regularly. Believe it or not, but the more ice there is in a freezer, the higher the energy consumption is. In fact, in the case of a 3 mm thick frost, electricity consumption increases by 30 percent. Let’s not forget that even ice cubes in your drink can harm the environment, so it surely pays off to defrost your freezer time after time. Neat and tidy refrigerators actually can save you around 5 dollars a month. On the other hand, you can also lower the minimum cooling temperature and don’t worry about that too – it will be enough to keep your food fresh and delicious for as long as possible, and you can save a lot of money as well.
- Do not open up and close your refrigerator unnecessarily. This might be a little bit hard to work on, but it must be done because if you are doing this, you are constantly letting warm air in it, and thus your fridge needs more energy to make it cool again. It is also advisable to keep only cool or cold products in the refrigerator as well (for the same reason). At the same time, do not put the refrigerator next to the various heating devices, such as an oven or radiator, because that also makes your fridge warmer and that makes the beloved fridge work hard to keep itself cool. Help him out!
- If you have a dishwasher, wash the dishes at a lower temperature. Why? Because about 80 percent of energy is used just to warm the water alone. Save that energy and instead switch to cooler temperatures because washing dishes not at 65°C but at 30°C can save you around 50 dollars a year and that is worth doing for the environment too. Plus, do not worry about your dishes not getting washed – there are some specialized dishwashing soaps which work perfectly well at low temperatures too. If you need some advice on where to find such products – check Amazon online for a start. Also, remember to use some coupons there as well, to get the best eco-friendly products at the best prices too. Fun, isn’t it?
Assassins Creed is one of the hottest action adventure games out there, allowing gamers to experience high-tech graphics and the character’s innovative fighting and parkour movements that practically every gamer can enjoy. It’s not surprising knowing the popularity of the game, that many fans have their eyes set on copying the character’s great apparel. Each installment of the series featured different characters that appear in different clothing styles and some of the best ones are discussed below and along with information on how you can dress just like them. Well, at least, reasonably close to them.
Connor Kenway is the main character from Assassins Creed 3. In the game, you may have noticed his outfit is white, but here you can wear a different version, perhaps in black and red, which will give a unique effect like you’ve never seen before. In fact, you can wear this at a convention, showing off your alternate take on Connor Kenway’s outfit.
Jacob Fryer, the Master Assassin of the British Brotherhood of Assassins, is an essential character in the Assassins Creed Syndicate. When it comes to his costume, it has great British style that you can easily adapt to your own fashion sense, which makes this outfit cooler than the rest.
You may want to include this hat too.
When you really look at it, the outfit of Jacob Fryer slightly resembles Arno Dorian’s apparel from Assassins Creed Unity (seen above). The only major difference is the coat which is navy blue, but it’s better you go for a slightly different look that will be even better than Arno Dorian’s apparel. Use the same items from Jacob Fryer’s guide, minus the coat and the weapons and use these instead.
Saving the best for last, this is almost everyone’s favorite assassin:
Will you just look at that? This is an even more evil version of the classic Assassin’s look, which is black, adorned in fur and features many exciting details -especially the shoulder pad with intricate stitching just like in the game.
A first meeting with a new girl is such a beautiful occasion! You may even feel butterflies in your stomach… However – there is always space for a failure. Even if you planned everything up to the smallest details, something could go terribly wrong. You might ask – what is this “something”? Our team and Ru Dates Site are ready to answer your question. We got a list of things that might go wrong on a first date and appropriate methods of avoiding them.
- You are late. A first date is the moment when all the expectations turn into the reality. Therefore, if you are awfully late and have a “great” explanation for that – a girl will be disappointed. She will give you a chance to reestablish your reputation, but it takes more than you expect. However, social stereotypes command us to be understanding in case if a girl is late. That is what they call “equality”.
- Your girl does not like you\you do not like the girl. In the modern world, people often ask each other out by means of the Internet. Likewise, it happens that you see the girl you admire only on photos – just as she does. When you meet in real life, it might appear that someone of you lied about the appearance. Photoshop can drastically change her looks and you would not be able to notice that online. As well, during the date you may just understand that you do not like the person. This is the most awkward situation ever imagined.
- The girl does not show up. Oh Lord, does that actually happen? We know it does. It can literally ruin your day – or even week. You obviously got her phone number (or, at least, know how to find her on Facebook) so you will have a possibility to ask her why. Let her speak for herself. Maybe her troubles can justify her disappearance… We doubt it.
- She talks about her ex-boyfriend. Two of you have probably been in love before. Nevertheless, it does not mean that it is an appropriate topic to discuss on a first date. It usually sounds as if you were mentally still in your previous relationships. Do not do that either.
- You are nervous and clumsy. Going on a first date is anxiety-provoking enough, but if you really like your potential girlfriend – your feelings multiply and worsen. It is a well-acknowledged fact: a nervous human being is a clumsy human being. The least you may do is say something awkward, the worst – spilling something on your date. Do not worry! This trouble can be easily fixed: ask the waiter for a wet rag, hang your head in shame and wait for her reaction. Your charming eyes can help overcome any ineptness.
- She is too perfect. Yeah, we agree – it might sound a bit confusing. What does it mean to be “too” perfect? Sometimes it happens that a girl looks and behaves like a goddess herself. From scratch, you understand that you will not ever match. Likewise, perfect individuals are often boring as hell. They polish themselves up to the point where nothing is left inside of them – just a perfect surface.
Image by Jessica Lee O
How to choose a bar stool for a standing desk is not very different from choosing bar stools for counters and bar stands. The first thing on your mind should be desk height. Stool cushion should be about 10-12 inches lower than the desk surface — this is exactly the kind of distance that offers greatest comfort of usage. Sure, to choose bar furniture for a standing desk, you will have to do a few more measurements and you will also have to take your time to find trends and styles that will match your decoration picture. Here are some quick tips on both:
How to Get the Measurements Right
- Measure desk and stool height. Bar stool heights come in three options. There are 23-28 inch stools for 35-37 inch tall tables; standard bar stool height is 29-32 inches and it is designed for a 41-43 inch table; and, finally, there are extra high 33-36 inch stools for 44-47 inch counters. Sure, when you choose bar stool for a standing desk, extra high bar stools will be one of the most common options. Yet, standing desks do not have such a rigid height subdivision as bar counters, so you should be prepared to plan accordingly.
- Double check just in case. Any time you are measuring something, take care to get the measurements twice or even thrice — just to be on the safe side.
- Do not forget about adjustable height options. Do not forget that there are gas lift bar stools that offer a height adjustable option. This solution can be an amazing idea for a standing desk that might be a slightly different height than a bar stand or a bar counter.
- Consider optimal width. Choosing cushion width is another important step of the process. On the whole, bar stool cushions can be roughly subdivided into small (about 15 inches), medium (approximately 17 inches), and large (about 21 inches). If you are going with just one bar stool for standing desk, you can choose any width you like —just consider how comfortable you are going to be with all of the above options.
Style and decoration Ideas
And, of course, when you choose a bar stool for a standing desk, you should consider its style, too. While the dimensions are very important, it is the design the makes any furniture piece a part of your home. Here, a lot will depend on your desk. If it is wooden desk we are talking about, basically any stool will do fine. Still, if you would like to highlight your genuine wood desk, you may want to go with wooden bar stools. These may not be height adjustable, but they definitely look sleek and memorable.
A leather bar stool cushion on a chrome base is a great example of a model that is quite universal for any desk type. This is one of the classic bar stool models that look equally impressive with wood, high gloss, or glass desks. If you go with a glossy desk, colorful ABS plastic is a great idea for a bar stool model.
Image via Amber & Eric Devila
In college, there are different types of students, and commonly the observation is made while attending lectures. To tell the type of student one is dealing with, the distractions portrayed give a guideline. For instance, I met a student one time who asked me, “How much can I pay you so that you can do the best essay for me?” Immediately, I could tell this is a student who does not attend lectures and probably busy running some business while still in college, which from the look of things was lucrative. Since he does not have the time for lectures, he is willing to pay and still pass the exams because money is not a problem.
Below is a discussion of the various types of students in colleges.
1) He/ She spends five hours on her hair and ten minutes working on her essays.
There are many of this kind and in a college they can never miss. It is surprising that whenever one hears of spending ten hours on the hair, only women cross their minds. Nevertheless, there are many men who are caught in this and looking at them one would guess they are from a beauty salon.
2) Those that answer all the questions because they think they know it all
This kind of people can be extremely annoying because you do not understand the reason they are answering all the questions. They do not give anyone time to talk or express a different opinion. Anyone would just feel like telling them, if you only want to hear your voice, you can as well go home and spend all the time agreeing with yourself. This is one of the irritating type one can ever meet.
3) Those who flirt while others are busy trying to concentrate
The flirters go to an extent of flirting with the professors. They are easily recognized by their fake walking style, fake laughter and with dress codes close to those of a stripper.
4) The phone fanatics that will spend the whole time during a lecture on the phone then later borrow notes
It can be annoying because anyone would get this feeling that we all have phones, but during lectures we choose not to use them and listen as well as write notes. Therefore, no one is an exception. The worst thing, it could be that the person is your friend and in all other aspects they are never annoying.
5) Those that treat a lecture hall like a fashion show
Students should attend lectures looking appealing and presentable. However, there are some students who exaggerate the dressing code or make-up, which is not necessary because only fashion shows necessitate such conducts.
6) They look angry for no reason
Looking miserable and angry every day is not acceptable. Everyone has one of those days they feel down and probably discouraged, but one cannot be experiencing anger on a daily basis. No one wants to associate with such people.
7) They read ahead despite the syllabus not being covered
They are always ahead and challenge the rest because they will even read other books that no one has looked at yet.
8) Those that will always ask questions that do not need answers
Instructions are given clearly, but there are people who will never lack a question, regardless of how pointless and stupid it can get.